While sipping a great cup of Joe, have you ever thought about not what is in your cup- but your actual cup itself? As more of our favourite coffee shops choose to dispense our morning jolt in disposable paper cups, have you ever noticed a message (usually on the seam of the cup)  DO NOT HEAT IN MICROWAVE? In certain instances, there are reports of the cup smoking or burning during the heating process in the microwave. Based on this, it would appear that there are also chemicals in some cup materials that when exposed to heat potentially causing impurities to leach into the cup. These chemicals may be harmful to human health.  If you need to heat your coffee, try pouring it in a microwave safe mug instead.  It will taste better too!

Submitted by Tony Collins, Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador