Jump-start your career in project management
Realize your potential here. Westlund/Emco Water Solutions is a specialized technical group within the wholesale company EMCO Corporation. As one of the fastest growing suppliers of construction equipment to the Water and Wastewater industry, we focus on supplying treatment facilities, pumping stations and reservoirs nationally across Canada. We are looking to add a Junior Project Manager to support our team at our Mississauga and Edmonton locations. This summer position is geared towards employing a student enrolled in an engineering degree program whom is energetic, results-driven, and desires to work in an entrepreneurial environment while developing their technical specifications knowledge and practicality in the construction industry.
We invest in you
Our business is growing and we are hungry for talented people to transition into successful leadership roles long term. We take high pride in continually investing in the personal and professional growth of our teammates. This includes gaining industry experience, product training, and invaluable networking opportunities. Our expectations are high, but the rewards are worth it!
Westlund/Emco Water Solutions offers internal mentoring leadership programs, unlike any other. They are designed to have you focus your big picture thinking and learn to become a strong business leader. At every stage of your development, we take your leadership skills to that next level and prepare you with a solid foundation so that you can apply the experience to your academics.
The best way to learn about our business is to know everything about it. You will become familiar with the many products, services, procedures, and people that make our company so successful today. Along the way, you will have exposure to different large capital water projects across the country to grow your network of contacts and resources for when you graduate.
You’ll gain exposure to:
- Following regional construction notices across the country and documenting tender dates, construction commencement/ completion, bidder lists, tender amounts, regional and engineering contacts.
- Prepare equipment submittals for review
- Administrational duties such as filing, tracing of orders, expediting purchase orders, invoicing
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents, proficiency in word and excel is required
- Compare drawings and specifications to bill of materials
- Compile vendor documents and review.